Friday, October 29, 2010

Buffalo Scarf

It's finished!! This scarf started with a FREE skein of Buffalo Gold Lux – so named the Buffalo Scarf. :P I think the color is called Desert Rose laceweight. I mixed in some GGH silk yarn (Spring 2008 #7 wine) and blended Louisa Harding Castello #5 yarn in minty aqua, wine, peach, and metalic gold.

There wasn't much of a pattern. I cast on until I thought there was enough stitches on size 11 US circulars and just started knitting. I wanted long stripes...and that's what I got. LOL I'd do a row or two of knit, then maybe a row of YO-K2TOG – just whatever mood hit.

Finished link without the fringe is 76 inches long! There's about 4 inches of fringe on both sides. So DAAAAAH-UM!
Now I just have to find something to wear it with! Oh darn. :P

2 comments:

  1. That is a really nice scarf. All the colors go very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm really tickled how it turned out, too. :)

    ReplyDelete