Sunday, July 10, 2011

FO: BoHo Scarf

It's DONE!!!! I struggled a lot with this project for Camp Loopy. I ripped it out several times before coming up with this pattern. Yep...it's a Monkey Original! And I LOVE it!!!! I know already I'm going to make more of these.


Four yarns were used. The main yarns were Madelinetosh Vintage Iris and Lepidoptra. Then I added Quince & Co. Tern Sea Grass (it's ALL American!) and AndriaFil KnitCol 49. That helped tremendously!! Just by adding the Sea Grass, the Madlinetosh colors finally popped.


I crochet several floral squares using all the yarns. They went pretty fast once I got started. While crocheting the squares, I decided to try something different when it came time to put it together. Jumprings. It's perfect!!

When I went to Michael's to find jumprings...I found buttons instead. COOL buttons that go perfectly with my BoHo scarf. My mom, the jewelry artist, custom made my jumprings. It was fun...I would attach the jumprings to the squares as fast she she could make them. Hey! I was anxious to piece it together and see the final product.

Now I'm ready to start Camp Loopy Project #2 -- Cabled Mittens.   o.O

No comments:

Post a Comment