Sunday, July 24, 2011

FO: Loopy Cabled Cuff Mittens

They're done!! And THREE weeks before the deadline for Camp Loopy Project #2!! WOOHOO!! I've never made a pair of mittens before. Let me tell you...this won't be the last! I >>LOVED<< making them! They went so fast. It wasn't as hard as I was imagining it would be. I think the thumbs and gussets had me scared. But once you start...it's easy peasy!

I used Madelinetosh Vintage in Scarlet to knit Cabled Cuff Mittens from 60 Quick Knits. Great pattern!


There were several things I learned on my first pair.
1) MUST use a stretchy cast off!
2) DON'T use different sets of needles for each glove. DUH!!
3) Add a little between the cuff and the beginning of the gusset. I must have long wrists.

Now...I've got a skein left. Think I'll make a matching hat with the same cabled border.

BUT...I live in Texas. What the heck am I going to do with mittens and a cap?!?  ROFLMAO!

3 comments: