Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Flying High!

 
All together now... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

 
I easily finished the aviator hat from The Sequin Turtle. It is TOO cute!! I couldn't help myself after I finished the airplane from AVPatternShop. I started the hat Sunday evening and had it finished before I went to bed three hours later. All I had to do was go get buttons. You know...it's hard finding the right button for projects but I think I nailed it with this one.
 
 
For the hat I used the same Red Heart Soft in navy I used on the airplane plus good ol' Lion Brand Homespun in cream. I think it looks just like the fleece lined hat. Then I found the wooden buttons at Hobby Lobby.
 
The pattern is fabulous! Easy to follow and turns out great. I might have made the earflaps a little longer. I even toyed around with the idea of making them long enough to button under the chin or flip on top of the hat. But I like how the do they're on thing.
 
 
Now I want to make more of these cute little things!
 
Who else is having a baby?!?!
 
 
 

1 comment: