Sunday, July 7, 2013

Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder


I made a stuffie! I think it turned out great.

A coworker is having a baby boy in August. She's decorating his room navy and dark red and in airplanes. So I decided to make him a stuffed airplane and an aviator hat.

I got the airplane pattern from AVPatternShop on etsy and the aviator hat from The Sequin Turtle. 



For the airplane, I think the original pattern used a DK weight (the pattern didn't specify) because they had 7 stitches per inch and the finished size was about 4.5 inches long. I used Red Heart Soft in navy, Loops & Threads Impeccable in claret and Vanna's Choice in beige. My finished airplane is 8 inches long. Much better for a baby.

The pattern is super easy. It does lack a little in the directions but it's easy to figure out. It said it was crocheted in a continuous spiralling rows but I found it easy just to slip stitch at the end of my rows and chain two at the beginning of the next row.

I haven't started the hat yet...that's next weekend's project.

Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment