Monday, February 15, 2010

Cast On: Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket

I've been getting the sweater bug lately. I have NEVER knitted a sweater before and I see so many GORGEOUS sweaters out there that I would love to make.

Nancy at The Hook and Needle in Bryan showed me Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket. I was hooked. So today, I decided to take the leap. I cast on 160 stitches of Araucania Ulmo Multy. I have lavendar Stylecraft Pure Luxury Merino and blue Fibra Natura Cottonwood that I will use for stripes. During lunch I was able to get started – cast on and first row knitted. If all goes well, I might even make a matching hat and booties to go with it. Awww! LOL

Maybe in a year I'll have my FIRST baby sweater! Not sure what I'll do with it but I will have knitted a sweater! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment