Friday, February 26, 2010

Section 1: EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket

I haven't been able to knit on this as much as I would have liked to over the last couple of weeks. Needed to work on my traveling scarf project first. BUT, I ran into a snack with it. Hopefully I can get back on track with it this weekend after I exchange the yarn. Got some Noro Silk Garden Lite and it keeps breaking where there's a new color transition. ARGH!!!! That is not good, especially while I'm trying to entralac. Anywho...

My Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket is coming along just marvelously!! I love this pattern and the yarn. The Araucania Ulmo Multy is SOOOOO nice to work with. Definitely going to get me some more of it. I have knit the first 43 rows – through all the decreases in the sleeve. Added three little stipes (wish I made them bigger but next time). Now I'm getting ready for the body and the increases. I'm going to start it out with a nice blue strip that will wrap around the shoulders.

It's all Nancy at The Hook and Needle's fault – she got me hooked!!!
And, YES...those are sock monkey stitchmarkers!! I found them at Hill Country Weavers in Austin.


No comments:

Post a Comment