Monday, February 14, 2011

My Porifera Socks

I started a new pair of socks last week. Actually, I had a pair of socks started and had only the toes done so I changed patterns. Worked out perfectly!

I'm knitting Miriam L. Felton's Porifera Socks. There's a little lace at the toe and around the calf and in between...ribbing. I'm using gorgeous and scrumptiously soft
Kertzer's On Your Toes Bamboo in Blue Jean. It's a wonderful shade of blue. Oh...I'm finally using needles I bought early last year... Blackthorn Needles. They are made in the USA of Carbon Fiber Composite – the same stuff the make Stealth bombers out of. The tips could be a little pointier for my tastes but other than that, I'm loving them!

The pattern is going super fast. I've got one foot done and already onto the second foot. I could be to the heel by this weekend if work doesn't get in the way.

I've got two skeins of On Your Toes in Blue Jean. I can either make two pairs of crew socks or one pair of knee highs. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment