Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm Knitting ME a Sweater!

Yes, it's true! I'm actually knitting ME a sweater!! I can't wait to finish it. The texture of this pattern is wonderful. It's Knitty's Victoria sweater from Fall 2010.AND it comes in plus sizes!!!

I think I'm going to call it my Victor Victoria sweater. It is solid 2x2 moss stitch in worsted weight.

Now don't have a conniption fit! I know I am a total yarn snob BUT in order to make a sweater that I can wash and wear and not go broke buying enough yarn to FIT me...I went with a cost effective yarn. Yes, I am using Caron's Simply Soft in Ocean. OK...pick your jaws up off the desk. It's not the end of the world. Hell did not freeze over. It's a beautiful color. And feels good, too. It's a good knit.


I've got most of the back done...just about to start the armhole shaping. That's just one skein (315 yards). It's going pretty fast. My goal is to have this finished by the Fall. At this rate...that's quite possible. I'm probably going to add 2-3 inches to the length. It should mess things up as long as I watch the button hole spacing...got to do a little figuring with my gauge.


See! Isn't that just wonderful texture! It's a 4-row repeat that's pretty easy to memorize after 10-11 repeats! And actually, the drape is pretty nice, too. Nice body.

2 comments:

  1. I am knitting a baby vest that has double moss. It took me a few rip backs to remember I wasn't trying to knit ribbing! I love Seed St, but the 4 row Moss St just isn't for me. Too much thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to keep a row counter on my circs for this. I just keep count of which row of the repeat I'm on. 1...2...3...4 I've had to frog several rows because I got off track and forgot to count LOL but now I'm starting to get the hang of it. As long as I remember how the row starts; I'm good.

      I love the texture it has.

      Good luck with your baby vest...I can't wait to see a picture of it!!!! :)

      Delete