Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crochet Day

Today was a fantastic day!


It was FINALLY crochet guild day. See...I tried to go last week BUT for some reason they always have it on the 2nd Sunday of the month no matter if I show up on the 1st Sunday or not. Yes, I showed up last weekend and sat there for 15-20 minutes waiting (and crocheting) for everyone to show up. It took them SEVEN days to finally get here. It was well worth the wait! :P

See...Drew Emborsky, The Crochet Dude, was our special guest. He is an absolute hoot. He signed our books. AND I got him to sign my "Big Blue Hook" -- Drats! Guess I need to buy a new one now for me to use. I even tortured him into a picture with me. Poor guy. He's a really neat person. Hope I didn't razz him too much but you know us monkeys.

Gawd, I'm short next to The Crochet Dude!
I crocheted several rows on my latest crochet project... The Monkey Canopy Cardi. I'm using Valley Yarns Charlemont in Purple Passion. I'm figuring I will be at this project for at least the rest of the year. It's a GORGEOUS cardigan. So far the pattern isn't too bad. I'm nervous because I've never undertaken a project like this before. It's going to take about 7-8 skeins (493 yards each) to make it. DAMN!


It's going to be FABULOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment