Saturday, March 17, 2012

Baby Granny Blanket

I know...I know...I already have two projects on cast on that are NOT finished and here I go again starting ANOTHER project. With all this wonderful yarn around, it is really hard not to. The problem is getting them all finished.

This week I got a WILD hair and thought I would make a baby blanket for one of the girls that works in our deli that makes THE BEST grilled cheese sandwich in the whole world. She's always taking care of us and giving extra. So I gathered up some acrylic yarn from our donated boxes and started a miniature granny square blanket for her. She's due in June/July so I should be pretty good to go.

It's going to be done in pink, green, yellow, purple and blue and trimmed in white. I'll came around with a striped border in those colors... something like this...maybe...


I'll need 81 squares (17 pink and 16 each of blue, green, yellow and blue). They're measuring about 4.5" square so that should end up a nice sized 40x40 baby blanket, or there abouts.


So far I have made 30 squares. They go pretty fast. I make up a bunch of colored centers and then come back and do the white and the ends.

We'll see how it turns out.

1 comment:

  1. It will be darling! But, oh, the granny crocheting! My left hand hurts just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete