Sunday, May 5, 2013

Baby Parker Blanket

My neighbor is having a baby boy later in May :) so I started an afghan for them using Hobby Lobby's Baby Bee yarn in Baby's Blue, Naked and Chocolate. I wanted to use a soft acrylic so the blankie could be tossed into the wash and not worried about. Go ahead and spit up on it...then toss it in to wash!

I got a late start. The baby shower was yesterday and I only had 21 inches crocheted on the blue part. I want to have about 36 inches before I start the border. I did a quick corner to show how it will finish out before I wrapped it for the shower. I'm loving the color combo! AND it goes great with his room. YAY!!

I felt terrible taking it back after the shower but she loved it!

The blue section is just a granny square bordered in off white single crochets. The brown edging is #212 from The Complete Crochet Border Designs by Linda Schapper.


I've got a month to get this thing done...gotta get off the computer and get to work (after I rip out the corner work).

1 comment:

  1. How lovely. I am sure she will wait for it. Not that she will wait until you finish to have the baby though!

    ReplyDelete