Sunday, June 12, 2011

Camp Loopy

It's here!!!! The yarn I ordered for my camping trip to Camp Loopy. I made a mistake with my first order...I didn't order enough!!! bwahahaha! So I ordered another couple of skeins of the Madelinetosh Vintage. This stuff is WONDERFUL!!! I love how squishy it is. And let's not forget about these GORGEOUS colors!!

I decided to knit Cascade Lana D'Oro Men's Double Knit Scarf but for ME! It won't be as wide as the pattern...more like 6 inches wide. That way it can be longer :)  I love how it has stripes on one side and a houndstooth on the other. It's all knit at the same time...WAY COOL!!!

I have already started a "swatch" to see if I like the color combination AND if I can follow the pattern. SUCCESS!!! LOL  It's basically a 1x rib with two colors but it comes out two-sided!! NIFTY! And you move the yarn back and forth between every stitch.

After two repeats, here is the houndstooth side...

...and here is the striped side...

I simplified the pattern so it wasn't as wordy.

Doubleknit Houndstooth and Striped Scarf
I'm using US6 and cast on 40 stitches. It's about 5 inches wide...and SUPER squishy!! But I'm going to frog it and cast on 48 stitches.

Repeat x8. Cast on alternating colors starting with Color B (my magenta).
After the first stitch of every row, be sure to twist you working yarn before the next stitch.

Abbreviations:
YB = Both yarns to the back
YF = Both yarns to the front
K = Knit
P = Purl
A = Color A
B = Color B

Row 1:   *YB K1 A, YF P1 A, YB K1 A, YF P1 B, YB K1 B, YF P1 A, YB K1 A, YF P1 B* repeat to end

Row 2:  *YB K1 B, YF P1 A, YB K1 A, YF P1 B, YB K1 B, YF P1 B, YB K1 A, YF P1 B* repeat to end

Row 3:  *YB K1 A, YF P1 A, YB K1 B, YF P1 B, YB K1 B, YF P1 A, YB K1 B, YF P1 B* repeat to end

Row 4:  *YB K1 B, YF P1A, YB K1 A, YF P1 A, YB K1 B, YF P1 B, YB K1 A, YF P1 A* repeat to end

Repeat Rows 1-4 until desired length...at least 60 inches.

To finish scarf:
Move work to DPNs. *Slip one stitch to DPN #1; slip next stitch to DPN #2* Repeat across. Holding DPN #2 behind DPN #1, work Kitchener stitch with Color A to graft stitches together.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I must make that some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must!! It is sooooooo easy...a monkey can do it!!! :P

    ReplyDelete