Tuesday, May 29, 2012

New Books... and Ideas




Hooray for the mailman!! He brought me new knitting and crocheting books this weekend. I had a nice heavy box waiting for me on my desk this morning with four new books. Just after a quick thumb through, ideas are racing through my head. AAAAHHHH!!! There is not enough time in the day to do it all!! :)


First, I got Pop Knitting by Britt-Marie Christoffersson. O.M.G. I'm loving this!!! Great pictures. Great instructions. Simple layout. BUT. BUT!! OH THE IDEAS!! She's got some really cool, edgy stuff. I'm loving the slip stitch and stockinette patterns and the holey knitting. I can't wait to try this. Must hurry to get other projects finished so I can start some new things from this wonderful idea book!


Second is The Granny Square Book by Margaret Hubert. If you don't know by now ... I LOVE GRANNY SQUARES!!! There's 75 granny square patterns plus some projects. What I love about this book besides the fabulous patterns that will make fantastic things is the book construction. Why can't all knitting/crocheting pattern books be like this? It's a hard back book with an interior spiral spine so it opens easily when working on a pattern. There are some great floral granny squares that will definitely be used toward another one of my way-cool Boho Scarves.


The other two books I got are 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet (Lesley Stanfield) and The Complete Book of Crochet Border Designs (Linda P Schapper). I haven't had a chance to thumb through them yet but the appear to be great resources with awesome pictures and instructions. I've got to have good pictures and easy instructions and these two books look like they have it. The flowers are sooooo cute! They'll be great embellishments. There are even leaves and acorns and radishes AND ASPARAGUS! besides morning glories and peonies and lavendar and roses and...and... and... Do you get the picture? :) And in the crochet borders...there must be 300 classic border motifs! HOG HEAVEN!!!
Do I have to work now? Can't I just curl up in the supply closet or empty office somewhere and look at my new books and try things out? I want to make granny squares! I want to make flowers! I want to do some pop knitting!!  
I want! I want! I want!!!!
::pout::



No comments:

Post a Comment