Friday, March 30, 2012

End-of-Month Wrap Up: March

March had my fingers busy!! Like most knitters and crocheters, we can not work on just one project at a time. It's not possible! No matter how hard we try, we've got at least 2-3-4-5-6-7 UFOs (unfinished objects) in our project bag at a time. 

This month was no different. I had good intentions. HONEST! I was going to get the back of my Victor-Victoria Sweater finished. HA! I think I knitted about 2 inches on it. I'm almost finished with the first ball of yarn with about 1-inch left to go before a pattern change at 17 inches...UNLESS I decide to add another 1-2 inches to make it a tad longer. 


Then there is the Canopy Cardi I am crocheting. I haven't worked on it much at all this month. I got about 6 rows done this week...I won't get it completed this year at that rate!! There's about 15 more inches to go before a pattern change. :( I've only crocheted 5 inches. I'm such a slacker!!


BUT...to make up for not getting much done on my two sweaters, I finished TWO projects and cast on another!! ROFLMAO! The first UFO for March was a TOP SECRET need-to-know project. All I can tell you is that it was squishy soft and made with lots of love.

My second finished project was a test knit for a wonderful friend and fantastic designer. She has created a beautiful Jane Austen-esque cap called Lady Chadwick Cap. I just love it! I used Louisa Harding's Kashmir Aran. mmm mmmm good!


Then there was the NEW cast on...a Baby Granny Blanket. I've crocheted about 30 squares so far with about 50 more to go. WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF!?!?! Think of all those ends that will need weaving in!!! o.O  Oh well, it will look wonderful. It was originally intended for one expecting mom in my building but now I'm thinking it's for my new expecting neighbor. We'll see. I might just end up making two. O.O


Guess you can say March blew in like a knitting frenzied lion and will definitely be going out like a relaxing knitted woolly lamb!

No comments:

Post a Comment